Thursday, July 07, 2005

More words

Megan's entering that fun phase where she tries to mimic every sound she hears. The ones that mean something she's attached to she tends to easliy incorporate into her daily use. Its not exactly something most people would recognize as a word without living with the girl, but those of us that do hear what she means. The latest additions:

Elmah - Elmo, which is currently her latest obession. Megan LOVES Elmo. She gets a hold of that red fuzzy stuffed one we have in the house and she smothers it with kisses, then hugs.

Dah - Doll

Dag - Dog

Na! - No

The nice thing is she's not only using her words to have something to say, she's using them to say something. This morning I woke up to hear "Mama! Maaaaaaama! Ma. Ma. MAAAMAAA!"

I went in to find her standing at the side of her crib. She smiled when she saw me and said "Mama. Baba." -- Or in English, "Yo, lady, get me a bottle." We walked to the kitchen. I opened the fridge, she laid on it. She clapped and whispered over and over "Baba! Baba. baba."